RPK's 80% degree turn proves that this man is of no moral ground to judge others. Period.
KUALA LUMPUR, Jan 2 — PKR today attacked Raja Petra Kamarudin for his remarks made about Datuk Seri Anwar Ibrahim’s sexual orientation in an Utusan Malaysia interview, calling it “untrue” and “libellous”.
The self-exiled blogger had said that Anwar was morally unfit to become prime minister as Malaysians could not accept a homosexual to lead the country.
Raja Petra did not explicitly call Anwar a homosexual but said there was no room in Malaysia for someone who is gay and wants to become PM.
He also said he was “90 per cent” sure the man in the Datuk T sex video was Anwar, and that many of the latter’s friends believed in the authenticity of the video.
Dismissing the blogger’s remarks as mere “insinuations”, PKR vice-president N. Surendran (picture) charged that Raja Petra’s claims are based on a “malicious conspiracy” planted by Umno-Barisan Nasional, and that no one believed them.
“It is unsupported by any believable evidence and plainly libellous. “For some reason, RPK ignores the fact that the entire sodomy case is a transparent fabrication by Umno/BN with the connivance and co-operation of the police force and the Attorney-General’s Office,” Surendran said in a statement.
The PKR leader said Anwar’s sodomy charge was a mockery of accepted legal procedures, adding that it has been condemned by “civil and political leaders as well as rights bodies worldwide.”
He said the sodomy trial was chock-full of conspiracies — how Anwar’s lawyer were denied access to crucial evidence, flaws in the storage of DNA samples, legally unsound judgment of the trial judge, and Prime Minister Datuk Seri Najib Razak’s secret meeting with Anwar’s accuser.
“Upon this shaky ground, RPK builds a ramshackle tower of vague suppositions and wild innuendoes.”
Surendran claimed that the now-infamous Datuk T sex video was “concocted out of desperation by Umno-linked conspirators” as a result of the sodomy trial’s failure to turn Malaysians against Anwar and Pakatan Rakyat.
“Tens of thousands of copies of the pornographic video were freely distributed all over the country, while the police sat by and took no action against the porn-peddlers.
“When after months of public pressure the Datuk T trio were charged with a minor offence, the A-G’s Chambers took advantage of the proceedings to slander and attack the reputation of Anwar Ibrahim,” he said.
Surendran added that Raja Petra had not provided “the slightest” evidence to back his claim that Anwar was the man in the sex video.
Raja Petra said his opinion changed when Anwar had, during a press conference, denied knowing Datuk Shazryl Eskay Abdullah, one of the three men responsible for screening the video.
The blogger claimed that Anwar knew Shazryl well, and had asked him to help the former honorary Thai consul.
Anwar has repeatedly denied that he was the man seen having sex with a prostitute in the 21-minute video which was first aired to the media in cloak-and-dagger fashion by a mysterious “Datuk T” at a prestigious hotel here in April last year.
It was later revealed that “Datuk T” was in fact three notable public figures — former Malacca Chief Minister Tan Sri Rahim Thamby Chik, businessman Shazryl and former Perkasa treasurer-general Datuk Shuib Lazim.
The latest probe on the case was opened after investigating officer DSP Shanmugan Moorthy lodged a police report, claiming Anwar committed the offence under section 182 of the Penal Code.
The crime is punishable with a six-month jail term or a fine of RM2,000. Home Minister Datuk Seri Hishammuddin had recently said the probe on the sex video was complete and investigation papers handed over to the Attorney-General but the case was sent back to the police to include Anwar’s statement.
Anwar has slammed the police for failing to act on a previous report he had lodged against the Datuk T trio where he accused them of criminal intimidation.
He has also accused BN of masterminding the latest probe against him in the Datuk T sex video saga.