Saturday, July 30, 2011

Malaysian Transgender's Death Due to Society's Stupidity

It wasn't an issue of Religion, yet Religion was brought in, death threats further escalated, She was mocked and cursed by society, this resulted in her massive heart attack. Shame On Malaysia really, A Society that isn't civilized enough to accept people for who they are while using 'Religion' as a Passport to Judge, Mock, Curse & Even send death threats!

KUALA TERENGGANU: Mohd Ashraf Hafiz Abdul Aziz, 25, who failed in his bid to change his name to Aleesha Farhana after undergoing a sex change operation in Thailand, has died at the intensive care unit of Hospital Sultanah Nur Zahirah.

Bernama reported that he was admitted to the hospital at 3am on Thursday after experiencing heart problems and low blood pressure and died at 5am on Saturday.

His father Abdul Aziz Ahmad, 60, when contacted, said the family was waiting for family members and relatives to return to Kuala Terengganu and that the funeral would be held after the mid-day prayers Saturday.

Doctors at the hospital on Friday said he was suffering from unstable angina with cardiogenic shock.

Mohd Ashraf Hafiz, 25, had applied to the Kuala Terengganu High Court for an order to change his name and gender but it was rejected on July 18.

In Kuala Lumpur, Women, Family and Community Development Minister Datuk Seri Shahrizat Abdul Jalil said that she was deeply saddened that her ministry was not able to provide counselling in time to Mohd Ashraf Hafiz.

Mohd Ashraf Abdul Aziz, 25, who wanted to change his name to Aleesha Farhana and gender after undergoing a sex change operation in Thailand in 2009, died at the Sultanah Nur Zahirah Hospital in Kuala Terengganu at 5am today after having been admitted to the hospital's intensive care unit on Thursday for heart problems and low blood pressure.

Shahrizat said her ministry from early on had offered to provide counselling to Mohd Ashraf but now fate had intervened. “We were concerned about his wellbeing. My ministry is welfare-oriented and we are non-judgemental.

“We try to understand and counsel anyone who needs our help, especially people who feel desperate like in the case of Ashraf, but for him, it is too late now,” she said when met on arrival at Putra World Trade Centre here where the Wanita Umno chief was due to chair a meeting of the Umno wing's executive committee.

Shahrizat also extended her condolences to Mohd Ashraf's family and hoped they would remain strong in this difficult time. “If the family needs any help they can contact me or the nearest Welfare Department office,” she said.

Meanwhile, a candlelight vigil will be held at 8pm Saturday by Seksualiti Merdeka in front of the Bar Council at Lebuh Pasar Besar.

No comments: