Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Anwar Ibrahim: I'm Ready To Forgive

Such A Gentleman indeed of extraordinary substance. If i was in a shoes, i would have found it impossible to forgive!

A day after being acquitted of sodomy, Anwar Ibrahim said he is “prepared to forgive” those who have caused his suffering but is concerned about the continued smear campaign by certain media organisations.

“As usual, I don’t tend to complain about what I’ve suffered in the past. In fact, I am even ready to forgive,” said the opposition leader in a note today.

“However, I am only worried about a small group of insolent people including the vengeful hatred of Umno-controlled media who continue to defame me."

Anwar, who had left for Mumbai last night, is visiting Rajmohan Gandhi, grandson of India’s independence icon Mohandas Gandhi.

“More than three months ago I promised to be with him (Rajmohan) in the spirit of Gandhi's struggle for democracy for the people and to reject cruelty and corruption,” he said.

During the three-hour flight, Anwar's phone was flooded by thousands of phone calls, messages on social networking websites and comments on his blog, conveying delight and happiness.

“(But) my thoughts were about the anxiety, sadness and suffering of my family and the rakyat, who were especially anxious while waiting for the judgment in the morning,” he said.

Kuala Lumpur High Court Judge Mohamad Zabidin Mohd Diah, in acquitting Anwar of sodomising his former aide Mohd Saiful Bukhari Azlan, had cast doubt on the DNA evidence provided by the prosecution.

“I do not wish to ponder on the past or try to interpret the surprising judgment. However, I am grateful to Allah because I am freed of such malicious slander,” said Anwar, also thanking his family and supporters. -Yahoo News

No comments: